The Australian Air League is pleased to advised that Rear Admiral Kevin J Scarce AC, CSC, RANR has accepted our invitation to be the Reviewing Officer for our forthcoming review. The Rear Admiral will be accompanied by his wife Liz.
Rear Admiral Kevin Scarce has a distinguished career with his involvement in public life as follows:
- Military service in the Royal Australian Navy (1968 – 2007)
- Governor of South Australia (2007 – 2014)
- Active in the Not-for-profit sector
- Chancellor of the University of Adelaide (2014 – resent)
- Deputy Chairman, Seeley International (2014 – present)
- Royal Commissioner to the South Australian Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission (2015 – 2016)
Born in Adelaide, Kevin joined the Royal Australian Navy College in 1968 and served on board the troop transport HMAS Sydney during the Vietnam Wat. During his career in the navy he served in a number of position both in Australia and overseas, and served as the commander of HMAS Cerberus training establishment between 1995 and 1997.
In 2007 Kevin was appointed Governor of South Australia, the youngest South Australian-born governor and the first Royal Australian Navy officer appointed to the position. In 2012 with term was extended by two years and in 2014 the role was taken on by his Lieutenant-Governor Vieu Van Le.
In addition to this Rear Admiral Scarce is also the Patron of the South Australia Wing of the Australian Air League.