Lt.Comr. Adrianne Fleming, Group Executive Commissioner of Victoria Group was award the Medal (OAM) of the Order of Australia in the General Division in the Queen’s Birthday 2016 Honours List for service to the aviation industry.
This award acknowledges the positive influence Adrianne has had in aviation, not only within the Australian Air League, but throughout the many other Organisations she has been involved with over more than two decade. Her advancement of women in aviation and ambassadorial role in aviation training with overseas students are two, of many areas, where her influence is something to be proud of.
These organisations include;
- Australian Women Pilots’ Association (State President 1996-1998; 2005 and National Vice President 2000-2003)
- Moorabbin Airport Chamber of Commerce (2011 – 2014)
- The Honourable Company of Air Pilots since 2008
- Haileybury School Aviation Camps (Volunteer 2005-2009)
- The Professional Aviation Board of Certification (Advisor since 2015)
- Aero Pro Medical Foundation (Aviation Advisor 2013 – 2014)
- Power Neighbourhood House (Committee Member 2011-2014)
- Empowering Monash Woman (Steering Committee Member 2011-2013)
- Ashwood Chadstone Together Network (Member since 2012)
Adrianne is also the Chief Flying Instructor, Operations Manager and CASA Authorised Test Officer at TriStar Aviation at Moorabbin Airport.
The League has personally benefited from her influence and involvement since the early 1990’s initially through TriStar Aviation, and more lately with her management of the Victoria Group and involvement at a National level as a member of our Council. We thank Adrianne for this dedication and the influence she has played in the Air League – long may it continue.
We are positive that the many Organisations Adrianne has been involved with over the years have benefited from her dedication and quiet influence and they are the better for having had Adrianne Fleming OAM as a part of their team.