The Federal Cadets of the Year assessments for 2021 were held online, via MS Teams, on Sunday 6 February 2022.
The following candidates are congratulated for being nominated by their respective Groups and for all putting on a strong performance on the day:
Candidates for the Female Award
- Cpl Jasmine Biggs of Forest Lake Squadron, Queensland Group;
- Sgt Tiffany Huang of Doncaster Squadron, Victoria Group;
- Sgt Maxine Taylor of Parafield Squadron, SA Group; and
- Sgt Lara Wilbow of Doyalson Girls Squadron, NSW Group.
Candidates for the Male Award
- Cpl Dinidu Kapukotuwa of Waverley Squadron, Victoria Group;
- Sgt Dylan McEvoy of Coolangatta/Tweed Squadron, Queensland Group; and
- Sqn Sgt Peter Tran of Riverwood Boys Squadron, NSW Group.
The selection process included the following contributing components which were weighed to produce the final result:
- Knowledge Test
For the presentation, each candidate prepared a fifteen minute audio visual presentation which was delivered to the coordinator of the activity (Acting Federal Training Officer, Gp Lt Brendan Willard) and marked by members of Federal Staff in the week prior to assessment day.
As usual, it was a tough decision for the selection panel, with each candidate representing their Squadron and Group very well. The results were:
Federal Cadet of the Year (Female)
- Winner: Sgt Tiffany Huang of Victoria Group
- Runner-up: Sgt Maxine Taylor of SA Group
Federal Cadet of the Year (Male)
- Winner: Sqn Sgt Peter Tran of NSW Group
- Runner-up: Cpl Dinidu Kapukotuwa of Victoria Group;
Certificates, badges and trophies will be awarded at an appropriate and safe opportunity when it can be arranged.
The time, effort and expertise put in by Federal Staff, plus the Chairman of the Council of the League, in arranging and carrying out this assessment is acknowledged, with thanks.
Details can also be found in the attached Federal Operations Circular